January 16, 2012

Quotables


" The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up"
Timothy Mouse, Dumbo

Delighted once again to find the answers I seek come through Walt Disney. How can it be that all of my hurts and sorrows can be made manageable with a soft reminder in technicolour! I cannot feel the lightness sometimes for things can get so damn heavy. Simple as can be to turn it around though!
Looking back at my life I can honestly say that it really is true... those things I felt trapped and stumped by... turned out to be some of my biggest growth spurts.
The power of thought. The power of thought. The power of thought. I am convinced, this also has something to do with it. The power of thought. When I think I cannot... I cannot! As soon as I believe I can... amazing thing is I will rise up! True for all of us really. Just gotta choose!
So... if last year's burdens knocked us down a tad... we can turn the corner... and be lifted by it today. Man, can we use a little bit of a lift! I know I have many last years behind me... and with so many pages still unwritten... it is sure that more dramas will unfold. (boring story otherwise, right!)
We live, we learn... we live some more. I have new respect for Timothy Mouse.

No comments: