January 21, 2012

Who is teaching this tween about romance??


A usual evening in our household and I am cooking in the kitchen. Along comes my Aidan right up behind me and he gives me a full on slap on the tush... like he really smacked me!
Can you say... awkward! What a kid.
So I ask him what exactly he was doing.. and his response... "I dunno, I was just being romantic!"
Now if any of my boys were to be classed as the touchy feely one, it would surely be Aidan... and where shyness is concerned he has none. At 11, he has definitely begun to notice the opposite sex... but there were a couple of points of confusion with this incident that made me think I need to have a sit down with him soon... lol. This must occur before parents start knocking at my door wondering about Mr Slaphappy kid.
Like first of all... why he considers the love he shows his Mama "romantic", lol.
And more important for a young boy to understand... A crack on the bootie... nope, missed the mark. Fail in the romance department. teehee.
What can I say... the kid loves me... I wonder what I am going to get for Valentines day!


1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Thats too funny....
There is something innocent about Mr Slaphappy, the fact that he thinks slapping moms rump is romantic says that while he may now be noticing the girlies he is still quite new in the area of "romance" and all it entails and is still forming his ideas about the topic and that leaves ample room for mom & dad to jump in and make sure that his opinions are healthy ones.