January 22, 2012

Nervous Nelly here!

Oh, blogosphere... send me courage... the courage of a diva who can sit her bare ass in front of a camera and let someone capture her... yikes!! Okay, it will not be totally bare. Not the bottom part anyways. It will look like it though. I am biting the bullet and putting my faith in the eyes and the lens of Cassandra.... yep... a boudoir shoot tomorrow morn!!
I initially signed up for this thinking it would be a wonderful Valentines gift for my hubby. I am now pretty sure... I am doing this more for me! As the past few weeks have fallen off the calendar I began the mental preparation. I perused galleries online... and thought, I could do that, I think I could pull that off or... hell to the NO!!
I did a little soul searching and decided... this is something I am doing for my damn self. I have hemmed and hawed over what to do for my big 40th year... and nothing really seemed to stick. You know what I mean, a milestone birthday gift to myself. Should I skydive? (too chicken) Get a tattoo? (been there done that) A new piercing? (owie!!) And this just sort of presented itself as a golden opportunity.
In the comfort of my own bed. With a photographer who seems to really get me. I am going to take that girly confidence I know I have in there... and hope it translates in print.
Now in all honesty, this may not feel like a big leap to some... but for me. Well... I already have body image issues. I have parts I do not like to look at in the mirror on many days (working on that) and this is where the trust comes in. Sigh. Trust is a never ending issue for me too... this is where the nervous comes in... and when I put all of this in perspective... I can laugh at myself.
I have some nails to paint and a couple of outfits to try on one last time... wish me luck and I will report back with deets tomorrow!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I have been editing your pics and let me tell ya you look FANTASTIC! you should be very proud of yourself!!!