February 8, 2012

Wisdom on Wednesday


Hold On Pain Ends.


It is a word I use almost every day in my line of work. I have said these words so many times. In my "other life" I consider myself a container... holding hope for many who feel they have none, having lost it somewhere along the way. To have hope requires a leap of faith. It means you are willing to put some trust in something to see you through.... in something you cannot see or control... but can still somehow find some belief in. Hmm.
I am inspired time and time again by the women I work with... so many women. In my 17th year of working with women who face themselves and their addictions and corral up enough hope to make a change. Those who brave and battle and boldly stand up, stop and decide to do it different. They change. They grow. They become who they really are. They teach and let go and heal and yes... they inspire.
Now, I have felt hopeless or short on hope in areas of my life. Of course, I have... because at one time or another... haven't we all. It is such a dark place to find oneself. A very confined and stale spot to be stuck for too long.
So... if I can remember when it creeps up again... no, if I can reclaim when it creeps up again... this word as a simple acronym. Hold On Pain Ends. It always does. Nothing, even the most painful stuff, lasts forever. If I can be a container of hope for others... strangers, really... then I sure as hell can muster up some of this good stuff for my own gain.


No comments: