March 25, 2012

Don't feel at home in my own Home

I am more than a little beside myself this weekend. I cannot shake it... try and succeed for a while but my thoughts keep going back to the sign on my lawn.
We have just celebrated our second year in our home. I am not a homeowner in technical terms... but you know, when you live somewhere... surround it with your things... and the people you love... you find it feeling like it is yours. I know that home is not necessarily brick and walls... not necessarily an address... but I was just not prepared to think I may have to look at upheaval again. I dread the thought of having to try and find something even close to what I have found for us here.
Due to my own shortcomings with finances and situational challenges I have not afforded myself the opporunity to save a down payment or even possibly qualify for a mortgage... and I am not going to whine about that.... I was okay with renting this house... while keeping in the back of my mind that the owner would be selling someday and I just may be able to seal the deal then. Well... things do not always work out the way MY mind thinks it should. He has the house up for sale. No mention. No nothing... and I feel quire powerless and distraught.
I was just last week picking out paint chips because I have been getting the itch to make the rooms more "us". I was also going to finally take down their stupid mini blinds.... and find a window treatment that was more becoming of these nice big windows. Damn!!!!
I am just plain old pity partying it now. Blech!! I hate that pathetic nonsense. Bear with me... it is bound to pass. I just have to get this crap out.
Of course it could take some time to actually sell. (I will not mind letting others know that the basement is not as dry as they would like) It could be sold to someone who sees the investment and will continue to rent. It could be on the marker for a long time and taken off again. (that is apparently what happened before we moved in) We could be asked to move out before it even sells. Or it could sell quickly to a buyer who wants to make MY home their home. Big big booooo!
The boys and I have talked about all of the fun antics we could play... (no, we wouldn't, but fun to say it out loud) You know.... about the paranormal activity, the critters, the mould, the dealers next door.... sigh. I opened the door this morning to a guy checking out the property and I gave him some major major stink eye.
These are things that make me feel like my home is not one I can easily replace... the rent is very affordable for the size and quality of house I got, I do not want to switch school districts again, spacious, updated kitchen and bath, central air.
I am not sure what to do next. Other than going out to the sign on my lawn and putting a big "SOLD" across it... what am I supposed to do?

No comments: