April 12, 2012

Sensible Shoes

Can I just say that I really never want to be that girl. Well, that lady, I guess, cuz a girl does not own a pair... and a woman is just rockin them by a different name.
I do not want to be the girl to fall into those ho hum feet dwellings. How unsexy!!! Sensible shoes. I laugh at the thought. Bwahaaaaaahahaaa!
Now let me clarify.
There is something I have found out about myself in the past couple of years. I kill shoes. I wear them till they are thread bare and if I find a pair that is stylin and comfortable... yeah, I will wear them until the soles are paperthin (confession, my little booties have been insoled with duct tape to get me through a little longer)
It is not something I will treat myself to. I ALWAYS shop the BOGO sales when it comes to shoes for Mama! I buy shoes at Walmart or Zellers or when they are on clearance at Payless. Wow. This is a whole big confession in itself. Sad and pathetic even. lol.
The last time I purchased a pair of running shoes... Colin was a new babe. And he turns 6 this week.
I am sort of that girl who puts the growing kiddie feet ahead of hers... while they NEED a new pair, I usually convince myself I only WANT one.
I can honestly say... that when I do buy shoes... they are almost always impractical. I stand by my convictions... comfort, schmomfort... I do NOT want to own any pair of shoes which have "Dr." anywhere on the box.
I have oodles and oodles of boots (which are not winter appropriate), flip flops (which are prone to injuries requiring ER visits if you are me), flats (which are NO means of support for a day long shopping jaunt) and those which were on clearance and not available in my size so I will just get the next size up kind of nonsense (yes, I can be that dumb!) BUT I remain proud, and self impressed at the fact that I have not caved and gone down Sensible Shoe Alley! Nope. Not gonna do it, either. Until, I am maybe in my 60's!
That was just my random thought for today. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wassup wowojeans.blogspot.com owner found your blog via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com