March 1, 2012

The Gift I Got Today

To be trusted is a greater compliment
than to be loved. - George MacDonald

Isn't it amazing when you see the moment, especially while you are living it, that a friendship deepens. I am truly appreciative of the ability to connect with the women in my life. Be they my mother, sister, old friend, work mate, new acquaintance... my life is richer because of these chicks!
Trust is not something that I give away too freely. Not when it is the very true matters of my very fragile heart anyways. I can dive right in and share some of my self... but there is always that something which I hold back. I do leap with faith into the arms of a solid friendship... but truth be told, I struggle to put my trust in the hands of even those very close to me. So... when someone I care about takes that leap with me.... well, it impresses me.
Let me clarify.
What do they see that tells them I am someone to be trusted?
How do they know?
What did I do to show them that I had earned this gift?
How did they develop that ability to surrender?
And more importantly, Thank you! Thank you friend for believing in me. Thank you for allowing yourself to be yourself with me. Thank you for letting me know something about you that most do not. And thank you for deeming me worthy of your trust. I am delighted to have had the opportunity to love and appreciate you even more than I already did. You are a woman who I have grown to respect, who I look up to, whose opinions matter to me... and someone who I now understand is as real a person as I am.
I am grateful that today a gift unfolded on my lap... right out of the blue in the middle of ordinary... beautiful things happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trust is like winning a lottery, isn't it? Bravo, for sharing that bond with yet another friend whom lets you in. It's easy with you! xx Beav.