March 2, 2012

Just Like Playing Barbies!

Well... when you live in a boy house you get those girly needs met how ever you can. No, not those needs. This is a PG post.
I mean... this maison definitely has a pink-deficiency. After 18 years, I am used to it. I know where it is at. You adjust and make the most out of an estrogen lacking situation.
My boys know me so well. They know that I will tolerate all of their "boy"isms.... the rough housing, the video games, the nonsensical talk of bodily functions.... and they know to pay me back with girl time too! A happy Mommy is a happy house. Funny, I think they even get a little kick out of letting me play like a girl now and then.
So... today, the boys are playing their WWE12 video game. They were smart. Instead of letting it wear on me until I could no longer avoid pulling my hair out... they invite me to join. Let me get something straight... I love video games... a select few, wrestling is not one of them. With one exception.... in the game you can create your own characters. Oh how I love to do this!!! So fun! I can sit and create a WWE Diva from head to toe... her body shape and features... her hair, makeup, accessories... I get to clothe her and give her a name... build an entrance and establish a fan base. This I will admit is my own adaptation of playing Barbies. How fun!!
"Laurhell" has a couple of piercings, great tattoos and a killer set of boobs. She enters with booming music "Holla, holla!" and a good dose of purple pyro. Since the game could not manage to have my name in its memory I enter to cheers of "Mommy!" "Mommy!" She kills it in her hot pink wrestling boots too. Oh, I know, she sounds like one kickass Barbie.
Since I cannot get all of the features of the game down, I need supervision... so the kids help me. teehee. They think I am cute and needy and I revel in letting my little girl out to play. Once my new Diva is created... I let the boys take her through her career matches.... every now and then I will change her attire... and for the record... she is the new Champion. Yeah, I know you are impressed.

No comments: