March 5, 2012

Operation Affirmation

This is appealing to me in a major way. What is not to love about the power of positive thought. Heart is already smiling.
Backstory: Kari and I are running a workshop at the Womens Wellness Conference this week at the Sheraton (International Womens Day, this week, yo!)
Our workshop is Strengthening the Response; How to Cope :)
Aaah Stress resilience... what woman is not able to relate!
So I am creating the takeaways while Kari works hard on the powerpoint. Affirmations... I have a good couple of pages of soothing and confidence provoking statements... I take to google for some ideas... and up pops this statement. Operation Affirmation.
Love the concept! Gonna give some link love since this is not my original idea:
katywidrick.com/affirmations
I am going to do something with this idea. Put my own spin on it, and I will definitely post more.
I have been using and working with affirmations in all of my years in the addiction field. To think about how ones thought process influences our self efficacy, our choices and our actions. It is huge!
Thinking cap on. Should be working on the presentation, so this will have to wait a couple of days.
Gonna close with a quote that has served me well for a good long time!

"Whether you think you can, or that you can't; You are usually right. ~ Henry Ford

No comments: